How to get the best deals from Black Friday
Black Friday is now the biggest bargain shopping day of the year. When it first come to the UK a few years ago not many retailers took part but the ones that did. had shoppers queuing into shopping centre car parks and having flights over TV’S this year black Friday has been extended to black Friday week but do you know how to get the best deals from black Friday?
What is Black Friday?
Black Friday is on Friday 23rd of November,it falls the day after the US holiday of thanksgiving. It is regarded as the first day of the Christmas shopping season,on which retailers make many special offers. Black Friday has become Americas biggest shopping day since 2005.Why is it called Black Friday? I was given the name Black Friday as its often the day the shops”move into the black”, meaning they have enough money to cover their costs while reducing prices.
91% of stores took part in Black Friday last year and this year it is expected to be the same with the best of deals to be found online as it is predicted that 98 per cent of shoppers will shop online. Berfore you spend your hard earned money here are a few tips to get the most out of your money
- Know the price of the product beforehand. Its ok the shop telling you that it was £349 and now £149 but was it really that price? IF it is a £200 saving the it most definally is a bargain but it could only be a £50 saving.
- Write a list of what you want to get before hand.
- Do a google search of the prices of the things on your list you want.
- Find out if retailers will do a price match,some retailers such as John Lewis will match black Friday deals but not with online only stoes like Amazon and Ao.com.
- Don’t forget about Cyber Monday.
- Check the returns policy
It used to be that Black Friday was for the high street and Cyber Monday was when you could shop online for the best deals. Now that the 98 per cent of shopping is done online and more money is being spent online than in store on black Friday but this doesn’t mean that Cyber Monday should be forgotten about. Cyber Monday is on Monday 26th November with many retailers like Argos and Amazon promising big big deals.
Best deals for Black Friday
We have been searching very hard for you to find you the best deals the shops are offering us for Black Friday.
- Amazon– Amazon have their 1st Generation Firestick for £24.99 was £39.99 also their Echo dot at £24.99 and Echo at just £54.99
- La Redoute– Offering 40% off everything with promo code BLACKFRIDAY
- Vistaprint -Have up 60% off everything with code VP2711
- Superdry– 20% off everything with FREE delivery and FREE returns with promo code BLACKFRIDAY
- The Entertainer– Up to 75% off for Black Friday
- New Look– Up to 50% off
This post may contain affiliate links.